Friday, March 23, 2012

barf

We have been in a fog around here and it smells like sick people.  three out of the four of us have been hit with the stomach flu since Saturday night and I am ready for it to be over.  We have found things to be thankful for in the midst of the vomit though.

My Love took off of work on Wednesday to stay with the kids while I stayed in bed ALL DAY.  Is it possible that I have never felt so loved before?  He took the kids to get a tune up on his car an hour away, hung out at the mall play place and had lunch at Chick-fil-A.  Hours of peace and quiet.  In the late afternoon they took the dog for a walk and played outside.  More quiet.  I was in terrible stomach pain while achy and weak but I had nothing else to do but throw up and I was SO thankful.

Thursday morning at 3:30am, Brother threw up on the floor in the doorway to our bedroom while holding a barf bowl at his side.  Poor guy.  He went 21 hours later with perfect energy during the day before barfing two more times (thankfully in the toilet this time) at 11pm Thursday night.

I can't tell you how thankful I am that the three of us weren't all sick at the same time.  So far My Love has been free of symptoms.  I hope the bug has passed because I am ready to leave the house and live again.  

No comments: