Saturday, October 8, 2011

in this moment

We drove home late last night from a week long vacation with My Love's parents.  About 2 or 3 hours into my drive shift this song came up in the eclectic mix of CDs preloaded into the six disc changer before the kiddos fell asleep in the back seat after sunset.  I usually like to share lyrics on YouTube videos but in this case don't watch.  Go in your closet (or bedroom), shut the door, turn out the light, close your eyes and just listen to the lyrics.  The words on the screen are just too distracting.  May each line be the cry of your heart as you listen.  I must have played this song three times while singing along on my stretch of I-81 before My Love posed a question into the night's sky that broke the silence of the world around me.


On our last morning with family before returning home to the reality of our move, God showed me something.  We were toweling off after splashing around in the resort water park one more time, and I caught the glimpse of the back of a lady's t-shirt.  It said something like... I will pray at home.  I will pray at school.  I will pray at work.  I will pray for me.  I will pray for you....  Well I think you get the picture.  Half way into the paragraph I knew exactly where the wrinkled up scripture reference near her waist line was going to come from.  1 Thessalonians 5:17.  That is right, people.  The verse that comes right before the verse posted at the top of this blog.  A friend shared this verse (and verse 16) with me a couple of months ago after I shared at a Women's Koinonia night while talking about what God had been showing her through some trials she was experiencing.   God's repetition was perfectly timed.


As I continued to towel off, I smiled.  God is so amazing.  He brings this west coast girl to the "east coast" so she can vacation in the south to see this t-shirt on the back of this lady in this moment of her life.  Oh how he loves me.


The t-shirt verse spoke volumes to me in such a short time.  This next chapter of our lives is going to take a whole lot of praying.  Praying like we have never known.  And that is exactly what I intend on doing.  I have come to realize that if I am not in constant conversation and communion with God self quickly fights to become my first love and the outcome isn't pretty.  So I will pray.  For there is no other way to take every thought captive but to keep your eyes on the Lord in this moment.


Wouldn't it be nice if we could spend hours singing to our Lord without the interruptions of the world around us?  Oh yeah.  I think that might be called heaven.  Until we get there, I want my life to be a constant song, a prayer to the Lord.  I want to commune with my Father on the floor of my closet in.this.moment.


"Oh break my heart and make my heart into the heart of Christ...flood my heart and make it yours."



2 comments:

Persicke Family said...

Never heard this song before. Thank you for this. In each and every moment- the exciting to mundane, this should be our prayer! To God be the Glory!

Chanel said...

Wow. Thank you for sharing this.