Thursday, November 3, 2011

the beginning

If you have been following my blog this year then you might know that Thankful In All was birthed from my private family blog.  Back in February, I was sharing some deep thoughts over at The Long Story in between photo collages of our growing Bundles.  Little did I know what God had in store for me (and many others).  I can't wait to get a minute to sit down and reflect on this past week and indeed year.  We said goodbye to our last five house guests today and it is already way too quiet around here.  There is much to write about soon but not now.  I hear a Babydoll waking from her nap.  Until later here is a post I wrote several months ago that showed me that God might actually have big plans to use me if I would only give him everything.  Enjoy!
 --------------------
 Monday, February 28, 2011
 original title: make peace
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. -Romans 12:18

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. - Matthew 5:9

"Silently the work of the Spirit is done.  Already Love is drawing others to you.  Take all who come as sent by Me, and give them a royal welcome.  It will surprise you, all that I have planned for you.  Welcome all who come with the love of both your hearts.  You may not see the work.  Today they may not need you.  Tomorrow they may need you.  I may send you strange visitors.  Make each desire to return.  Nobody must come and feel unwanted.  Share your Love, your Joy, your Happiness, your time, your food, gladly with all.  Such wonders will unfold.  You see it all but in bud now- the glory of the open flower is beyond all your telling.  Love, Joy, Peace, in richest abundance- only believe.  Give out Love and all you can with a glad free heart and hand.  Use all you can for others, and back will come such countless stores and blessings." -The Two Listeners, God Calling

God is still busy working in more corners of my heart.  Who even knew a heart had corners?  Apparently I have many that are still covered in cobwebs and have never seen the light of day.  A month after starting this journey there is even more surrendering to be done.  This stubborn will of mine sure has been hard to break.

-------------------------------
UPDATE:
The post had to be republished due to some technical errors on Blogger so I included these previous comments.
Blogger
Chelsea said...WOW! Think God was preparing you for a couple dozen guests? He knows so much more than we do; if only we would pay attention ALL the time!  Love you sister.
Chanel said...Wow! I'm reminded how God so lovingly equips us for His work. So much of the time I feel like a child who just needs to settle down to see that He is glad to give me all that I need to get through each moment. I'm so grateful for His patience, as I clumsily work on getting my self out of the way (every second of my life).

No comments: