Monday, November 21, 2011

i am the whiner

You didn't think I would write a post just complaining about whining did you?  Okay maybe I would have done that anyway but not this time.  God always has something to teach me from my circumstances.  It is not like he is sovereign over every breath except for my daughter's default whining mode.  Oh no.  There is grace in everything.  Even the stuff that drives me crazy.

These days of unending whining have gotten me thinking.  It is not always natural to be obedient at the first sound of instruction and eager to please at any cost.  No way.  When it comes to my relationship with God, I am the whiner.  We all can be from time to time.  The glaring difference between me and Him as a parent though is his patience is UNENDING.  His voice is calm and encouraging in the midst of years of whining.  We default into whimpering and complaining so easily.  He gently teaches and corrects.  He squats down to be at eye level and speaks quietly so we can hush our tears long enough to hear his still small voice.  No, it is definitely not natural to obey first time.  And yet we expect it from our children.  How thankful I am that my Heavenly Father is the perfect parent!  I have a lot to learn.

Yes, my daughter might be in a phase of whining every single word that comes out of her mouth.  She is one.  What is my excuse?  Why do I expect anything else from her?  We have to learn to be thankful in all circumstances.  How am I doing in the "modeling how to do that" department?  I am a continual whining work in progress.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am a constant whiner in His eyes. Thankful He is more patient than I am. Deffinately a parallel I can learn from. -Yours