Wednesday, July 20, 2011

we are moving

It is official.  This will be our last summer in this home.  How timely that we had so many visitors this season!  Even though I know and trust God has big plans for us elsewhere (it has been a long process to bring me to that realization), I still get a little weepy about leaving the home Babydoll was born at and where Bundle Brother grew into a big boy.  Our next door neighbors have become surrogate grandparents (even to the dog) and I know they will be heart broken when we have to share the news.  But in spite of all of that, we know our very lives are not our own.  We have been living in complete peace and rest trusting in our Good Shepherd.  We hear his voice calling and it is time to get up and follow his lead.


My Love decided to spend Sunday with a realtor by himself (since the kids wouldn't travel well) looking at homes in the area we desire to live.  Saturday night we talked about all the things we would like in a house if we lived in a perfect world.  Obviously some/all of the must-haves were negotiable but it was good to have that conversation.  Even though I had kind of wished there was someone we could leave the kids with so I could go with him, it actually worked out better (as God's plans always do).  He was able to romp around the long day on his own seeing a dozen places and narrow it down to his top three houses.


My parents arrived on Sunday evening during a stop on their road trip.  They will be here until Friday.  It worked out perfectly that they were here.  They stayed with the kids for a little one-on-one time and I drove down to check out my Love's top picks with the realtor on Monday (my 30th birthday).  That hour drive down there alone provided lots of conversation with the Lord about this particular day in my life and how it seemed perfectly timed.  He is so good!  

On my drive back "home", it seemed very clear that one house was THE perfect fit.  There were a couple things that would need to be done (ie. trees put in the empty back yard and a deck or patio off the sliding glass door which currently has no access to the back yard) but it is like the Lord took our list from Saturday night and met every need and then some...


So after waiting a couple days to be approved for a loan, we put in an offer last night.  Ahhhhh!  This is crazy.  I have to keep reminding myself that even though this seems so fast it has actually been a long process.  The Lord has brought us to this place so we could watch him move mountains (rather quickly).  Clearly it is not official yet but we are excited to see when and how the Lord works.


Pray for us.  If all goes well, we will be closing before September 1st.  Ahhhh!  Is this really happening?!?!

9 comments:

Mom RS said...

WOW! I am so excited for you and I can't wait to see pictures. Now that is what i call a 30th birthday present that you will NEVER forget! God is so Good!

The Howe Family said...

Wow!!! Praying with you guys :)

AuntieBee said...

YAY!! Though it seems I won't get to see the home your in now, I'm very excited to see your new home!! Praying for you guys. Kisses!

Becca W. said...

This might sound totally selfish but I'm so glad you guys aren't moving too far away! :) Let us know if you need any help with the move. We'll be looking to move at the end of October in case you know of any good rental homes in the area ;)

Chanel said...

Wow! So exciting!! I agree with Mom, what an awesome birthday present - living in the midst of His providence. Praying for all of you in the entire process.

amanda said...

Exciting Lex! Praying for this upcoming transition for your family! :)

tommysmommy said...

so exciting!!! will be praying for you guys! so cool. will this one work as an official b&b?

AML said...

KM- I think we will get a sign made for Long B&B complete with guest book and breakfast menu. Make plans to come visit Girl. You know, if we actually get the house that we so confidently act like we are. ;) Still waiting to hear from our agent this morning...

Molly said...

Holy cow!! Praying...