Sunday, July 24, 2011

bigger blessings

Thank you for your prayers.  God is working.  In my naivete, I thought that once we decided to move the hard part was over.  The doors to the perfect house would just swing wide open and we would know we were smack dab in the middle of God's will.  Well here is further evidence that God's plan doesn't always guarantee easy street.  There are bumps on the road and he is holding our hand all the way. 


It has been a stressful week or so but the Lord hasn't stopped talking.  The lessons continue to be learned in the process.  My strong-willed brain is still trying to find peace in knowing the answers even though I KNOW peace is only found in the Lord no matter the circumstances.  In some ways I want to share more here so as to document all he has done through this process but really the up and down roller coaster ride of this past week would just be too much for you all to follow.


I will say though that there was a day where things were particularly tense.  I felt like my Love was focusing too much on this one thing that a house didn't have.  A thing I considered bonus space but he was painting as a must-have.  What I first thought was unrealistic stubbornness I suddenly saw through new eyes.  God has clearly planted something in my Love that I know He will use for his glory.  Perhaps an opportunity to use what God has given us to bless others.  I am excited to see what our Father has planned for the next chapter.


My Love is starting a busy month of traveling tonight.  Since our house hunting trip wasn't exactly successful last weekend, I am guessing we will be out on the road again on Saturday.  We are continuing to trust in God's timing.  His plans are not our plans.  In some ways, I am fearful that his plans are full of bigger blessings than this modest middle child of a large family needs.  We are following our Shepherd's voice and trusting that he knows better for us than we know for ourselves.

1 comment:

Clara Jane said...

Don't you 'love' it when God insists on taking us out of our comfort zones so he can drive home the point that we were never in control to begin with. We will continue to pray for the perfect house/home/community to be revealed. Hang on for the ride!