Wednesday, July 6, 2011

his meeting

This morning my Love and I read the passage in our One Year Bible meant for May 16th.  We are terribly behind...  God's timing is perfect though.


1 Samuel 18:5- "Whatever Saul asked David to do, David did it successfully.  So Saul made him a commander in his army, an appointment that was applauded by the fighting men and officers alike."


OK Lord.  We trust that if you desire for my Love to take on this new visible position next year, he will do it successfully and for your glory.


1 Samuel 18:13- "Finally, Saul banned him from his presence and appointed him commander over only a thousand men, but David faithfully led his troops into battle."


OK Lord.  We trust that if you desire for my Love to stay in his current position longer, he will do it faithfully and for your glory.


My Love's meeting is at 11:30am (EST).  He has inexplicable peace about it.  May his words be His words.  May the response be of God's choosing.  May our hearts be willing and ready to accept the decision made for us.


And in His faithfulness, God added this verse just for me from Proverbs 15:24- "A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash."


Stir me to first meet my needs with your word, Lord.  May it be the only thing that satisfies my hunger for your truth.  Don't let me settle for trash!


Thank you for your ongoing prayers for us.  I am pondering this verse shared to me by my sister this morning. We have joy, peace and hope in the Lord today.

"May the God who gives hope fill you with great joy. May you have perfect peace as you trust in him. May the power of the Holy Spirit fill you with hope." -Romans 15:13 ♥

1 comment:

The Howe Family said...

Was about to email you again to ask the time of the meeting, then read this. :) Love you guys and praying for you all.