Monday, October 8, 2012

weak then strong

Yesterday morning I read this in God Calling:

"Yes! I know all.  Every cry for mercy.  Every sigh of weariness.  Every plea for help.  Every sorrow over failure.  Every weakness.  I am with you through all.  My tender sympathy is yours.  My strength is yours.  Rejoice at your weakness, My children.  When you are weak then am I strong.  Strong to help, to cure, to protect.  Trust Me, My children.  I know all.  I am beside you.  Strong, strong, strong to save.  Lean on My Love, and know that all is well."

At the bottom of that reading led me to this scripture:

"Have you not known?  Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.  He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.  Even youths shall fall and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40:28-31 ESV

And then we went to church and we sang this song (written based on Isaiah 40) in worship to our God:

EVERLASTING GOD by CHRIS TOMLIN
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
 
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles


It only took me until the end of the day yesterday to really take to heart what God was repeating for me a day after I was wallowing in my weakness.

"You are weak.  I am strong. You are WEAK.  I am STRONG.  You NEED My strength.  I am here.  Use it.  Fill yourself up with me DAILY.  Your weaknesses are present to show you your need for My strength.  My perfect and complete strength.  Strength that is more than enough to fulfill your weaknesses.  You are not alone."

Not in so many words of course. 

Are you feeling weak/weary/faint today?  Are your weaknesses (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual) staring you in the face overwhelming you?  Rejoice in your weaknesses because in them He is made strong.  His strength will rise as I wait upon the LORD today.

 

No comments: