So that is where we are at right now. Waiting, praying, seeking, listening. In a good place. I asked my Love if we could commit to praying about it for a month before we started all the what-ifs and possibilities. This is huge, people. Whatever the outcome God WILL do big things in our marriage as we wait on Him together. My biggest prayer is that my Love and I would come away hearing the same answer. Ultimately the decision is his but either way (whether we move or not), life will change.
Please pray for us.
As we commit this to prayer for the next few weeks, I can't help but think about Abraham as I studied the names of God. Am I hiking up the mountain with my Isaac in hand completely willing to give it to the Lord to do with it what He will? Or am I telling God I trust you and I will be obedient but still looking all along the path for Him to intervene at any time? When seeking His face I have to be willing to hear His answer. I have to accept it (no matter how hard) and He doesn't even have to explain to me the reasons why.
The LORD will provide, Jehovah-jireh.
I choose to hike up that mountain with my "Isaac" knowing full well God has asked me to sacrifice it to Him. My God is called El Roi, He foresees what I do not.
My Love's new position starts on Monday. Our family will have two months to experience his commute before our lease is up. What a gift God has given us! We have time to wait on the Lord.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.