Thursday, April 28, 2011

i just saw a mountain move

Do you remember this post from a few weeks ago?

I got a couple of emails from concerned loved ones wondering if they had missed some sort of news.  Moving a name on a list?  

Back then my Love came home one day and shared some information with me that went a little some like this...

"Strange thing happened today.  I don't want to get your hopes up or anything.  There is this conference coming up [at a desirable location].  The slots are all full and I am #25 on the waiting list.  They want me to go."

In a few short sentences, my Love and I decided that if his name was miraculously moved up on the list than we would trust that God wanted us ALL to go.  After all, we didn't seek this out.  In fact it seemed somewhat impossible that he would even be able to attend.  As I wrote about before, God promptly started speaking to me in words that clearly spelled out "I CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS!"


My Love and I committed to pray about it but weren't making any plans.  We didn't ask God to move mountains.  We just trusted that he could if he wanted to.  We desired to be used by God however he chose for his good purpose not just what we desired.  If it pleased him to send us, we would go.  If not, we wouldn't be disappointed.



Today my Love called briefly from work.  "The trip.  It's a go!  I have to run.  I am late for a meeting.  I'll call you later."


My breath immediately left me.


I JUST SAW A MOUNTAIN MOVE.


That is right, people.  Yesterday there was a mountain there and now it is gone.


The five of us are packing up the Volvo on Friday night and driving 15 hours south to visit our friends in Florida for a week during a very critical time in the life of their family.


Did I say praise God yet?  

PRAISE GOD!

Spontaneous God-ordained Suhrefest 2011 here we come! 


Did I just invite my entire family over to my friend's house on short notice?  Good thing God knows exactly what he is doing.  He can move mountains after all. 


Matthew 17:20
“You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. ”

4 comments:

Chanel said...

I am amazed!!!! This is so wonderful!!!! Safe travels to you and praying for a great week ahead.

I'm guessing we'll postpone our skype date ;o)

...God does, that's who!!!!

AuntieBee said...

This was so awesome sister!!! How amazing is our God! And how much He blesses those who truly seek His will and desire. This has been such a treat to watch God work in your life and show Himself to you constantly. It gives me the desire to be in the same place as you are! I love you so much sister! Praise God for his wonderful ways!
I can't wait to hear how your wonderful trip goes!

tommysmommy said...

so exciting!! i hope and pray you guys are having a wonderful time. and it sounds like you'll be there when they could use some friends around!! God blesses us in so many ways. i loved your fb post that everyone should have a friend like js. what a great friend she must be!! so glad you have her and get to be with her for this time!!

Persicke Family said...

I love this post! What a great story of God answering prayers no matter how big or small! He knows our hearts, and His ways are perfect!