Monday, April 11, 2011

can move mountains

This week God reminded me that if he wants something to happen he can move mountains to do it.  Nothing is beyond his capability.  Even if we don't see how it can possibly work out.  If he wants to move A's name to the top of a list, he can do that.  We are praying for God's will for the unknowns.  He is a big God.  And as my Love said in response to my reflection this morning, "Pretty much as big as they come."


My Mom called a few days ago.  She gave me an update on Grandpa O's health.  He was recently in the hospital where he was in the care of a phenomenal nurse.  The nurse talked to my Grandpa about his faith and told him "Christ can move mountains!"  I shivered at the phrase God spoke into my life twice in the same day.


This morning I opened up God Calling to read the passage meant for my sister's 28th birthday.  The last line of the reading?  "Mountains can be removed by thought--by desire."  I understand this line is shared out of context, but I think you get the idea.

God can move mountains!

Matthew 17:20-
“You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. ”




Moving a name on a list to accomplish God's purpose in our lives?  That's a cinch!

No comments: