Monday, June 25, 2012

what am i waiting for?

"Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting." -Dr. Seuss


What am I waiting for?  This is the moment God has called me to live today.  Why do I think serving him in any other capacity than what this moment holds is more worth while?  I choose not to wait.  I choose to live for him today.  To be present with the Holy Spirit in the now and be used however best brings him glory.  Whatever I am waiting for may never come and then what?  What kind of life would this be?  One that stood in line waiting for my life to start?  I choose to live for Christ.  I choose to wait on him daily.  Not for some super spiritual calling but for whatever he has planned for me on this day.


"As I prompt you--act.  When you have no clear guidance, then go forward quietly along the path of duty I have set before you.  No fear, no panic, quietly doing your daily duty.  This attitude of faith will receive its reward, as surely as the acting upon My direct Guidance.  Rejoice in the sense of security that is yours." -God Calling

1 comment:

amanda said...

I needed to read this today. :)