Sunday, September 23, 2012

going well

I hesitate to even write this because I am sure we will probably be spiritually attacked as soon as I press 'publish', but things are going well here.  We have felt your prayers and have seen God working out in us some big changes.  The best way I can describe it is that our heart attitudes toward each other are being remolded.  It isn't so much that we are "doing" much different.  We are just responding and talking and loving each other with a different motive.  One that is to please God.  My women's Bible study on marriage has come to an end.  Our summer book study with our Life Group has been completed too.  Next on the agenda around here is the group DVD study of Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas with our Life Group.  Yes it is based on the book that My Love and I have been slowly reading together since the beginning of this year.  Last week was the first video session and man are we in for more work.  It is a tad bit overwhelming and yet comforting that God thinks we are both ready to take on a study like this now.  Before now, we weren't ready.  So we are moving forward on the path before us as God brings our focus off of the other person and back onto our First Love, HIM.  I am also excited to be doing a Bible study on James by Beth Moore with my sister for the next several weeks.  The Lord continues to bring gems from this book in the Bible to my attention lately and I know he has much to teach us as we meet over Skype to discuss it together.

Keep us in your prayers as we try to more quickly prevent the Devil from gaining any kind of foothold.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Glad things are going well for you. There are many prayers coming from this household for those upcoming dates. Love you!