Saturday, August 25, 2012

be interested

"Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others.  Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself.  Don't only think about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too and what they are doing." -Philippians 2:3-4

Seems as if God wasn't a fan of my self-absorbed-I-only-want-to-think-about-myself-for-awhile attitude.  But I'm still glad I shared because I feel covered in prayer.  Off to day two of our Marriage Impact conference at church today.  God is good.  He works ALL things together for our good (and His glory).

Make yourself vulnerable today.  Ask for prayer from someone you see for something specific.  And ask them with genuine interest how you can pray for them.  It is good to think beyond yourself no matter how heavy the burdens you are carrying.

1 comment:

Persicke Family said...

Love this! Been praying for you.