Friday, April 27, 2012

not thinking

It dawned on me today that I haven't spent much time thinking about foster care the last 2 1/2 weeks.  Other than the two books I brought to read on our trip and the devotional references daily that often bring my heart back to what is ahead in our next chapter, I haven't been in deep contemplation about the changes for our family on the horizon.  Once I realized that fact I started feeling guilty about it.  Perhaps this was part of God's plan for this time though.  To physically remove our family from the place where we have spent so much time thinking about and praying for what comes next.  My mind has been lost in the presence of loved ones and maybe that is exactly what He wants my heart focused on right now.  We are ready.  We are waiting.  We are trusting that His timing and placement will be perfect.  But for now we aren't spending too much time thinking about it.  Right now we are resting and feeling the love of family and friends so we that may get filled up for the journey ahead of us.

No comments: