Wednesday, March 12, 2014

sweet pea

"We are on our way to pick up a baby girl right now so we need an answer like, right now," the social worker said.

I called My Love.  We were both open to walking through this process with God again.  The circumstances that were shared implied that she might be with us much longer than the previous children.  Let's do this, Lord.

An hour or so later on that Thursday night, I had a beautiful infant in my arms.  Her sleepy, big, blue eyes stole my heart right away.  After the recent addition of three little ones, just one seemed like it would be a breeze.

Sweet Pea spent the first several days sleeping as we all got to know each other.  She entered our home at such a sweet time and brought joy when there was about to be so much sorrow...

No comments: